Új privát üzeneted érkezett!

Could somebody tell me how to say 'inspirational' in Hungarian.

Thank you
aaa

inspiralo, ihletet ado
nevtelen

Thank you!
aaa

Hi there,

If anyone is reading - I would like to ask your help. I am trying to translate the following to Hungarian
1. attachment parenting
2. continuum concept
The best I have come up with so far are "összekötö nevelés" and "kontinuitás elmélete".

Does somebody have any more ideas?

Kati

Hi everyone,
What's happened to this topic? I've just come across this English section and all I can see is a very difficult question-Kati's- that I can't answer.I wanted to join in. So what shall I do? Should I stay or should I go? Have a nice day.
Ildi

Ildi,

Sorry, haven't noticed your message before. Are you still around?

Kati

Yes, Kati, yes!!!
I'm still here sitting at my desk, staring at the screen, because it's Monday again. I've almost given up checking new messages here.

Mondays not very pleasant for you? I know the feeling! (from my memories only - sorry) It is my "day off" today, as dear daughter has gone to the childminder for one last time. I am determined not to spend the entire day in front of the computer, but to go out after lunch. Perhaps a little shopping, without a toddler running about. (Tried to shop yesterday, and she just kept running out into the street Kép)

What about you? Do you want to write more about yourself?

Kati

Hi,
It's much better now-tomorrow's weekend.
My son's 6 now, but we have never had anyone look after him except on holidays, but then he stayed with his grandparents, and that's different. We did the same when we were young and it was always wonderful. So, I can imagine shopping or doing anything at all is not easy with young children but usually we did everything together with my husband. He had more time then. I didn't go back to work until Viktor was three, it was difficult but it was worth the time and energy. That was the time when our family was really "created". Now after three years of work again I miss those days. I am a language teacher, so if I had another baby, I could still work at home somehow or at least that's what I think. Unfortunately we don't have access to the Internet at home, we must use the computers in the office. Me - at the language school, husband in the museum where he works.
Ok, that's enough for today.
Have a wonderful day, Kati, and anyone around.
Ildi(go)

Hi,
I've been staying at home, since I was made redundant earlier this year. I went back to work when my daughter was 7 months old, I had to, or at least I thought I had to. It was part time, still felt like I don't have any time together with my daughter. However, had I not worked, I would never have found out, that I didn't like being at work whilst paying someone else to do my job as a mother. As a single mum, I found it much too stressful having to pick up the pieces at the end of the day (young child, away from mummy all day, even if enjoying the company of other kids), and being the only person at that. She is now 19 months old, and has we settled in nicely into our new routine. Need to meet up with other people more often though, nice to have the company of other mums/kids, for her too.
I think this is a good time for me to think about myself as well, what I want to do with my life, perhaps learn new things. It would be great to be able to work from home, you know, be there for my child(ren?) and pursue my interests.
I only just got internet myself, as I spent my redudancy pay on a new computer - and what a nice computer it is! (Apple Mac)

Kati

Oh, I was so busy with work I have hardly had a moment to sit down and have my daily dose of Babanet. Now it sounds strange that I don't have a baby, my son is 6, and my favourite reading is the message board here, about babies anm their mums.
I cannot imagine how a single mother can cope with things... Have you got anyone to help you? In Hungary it's almost impossible to have a small child and go out to work without at least one of the grandparents or anyone elso who operates on a free-of-charge base.
Congratulations- you have a wonderful girl and I think you are doing very well. All of us have doubts, problems, uncertainties but not everyone admits having them. They think they have to be perfect and this would destroy their image as a perfect parent.

Have a nice time with your new computer! It's a very good thing but be careful with that addiction to Babanet...

Ildi(go)
Anyway, where have all the others gone?

Ildi,
I hope you are reading this. I am SOOO sorry, I forgot to check here for new messages. I have not been on Babanet very often since, and well, didn't read through the entire list of topics, just a few.
We have since been to Hungary, for a week, which was brilliant. Mostly that I didn't have to talk English to Lili just for the sake of others. Have been feeling lonely though since coming back. It's just not the same not having another adult living with you.
Doubts... well, I don't mind about not being the perfect parent, who's perfect anyway? But sometimes it feels I am so far from where I want to be, in terms of parenting. They come and go (the doubts), and when they're almost gone I tell myself: I can't be doing so badly, look how happy and well balanced she is. And confident, and outgoing, and... She seems just right, you know, and that's what matters.

Hope you're okay.
Kati

It's horrible! Yesterday I tried to send a message and I couldn't! And I wrote a quite longish one! So, Hi, Kati, I'm fine, looking forward to going on holiday with my family in August. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Hun. I think it's a bit of a problem if you talk to your child in a different language than your mother tongue. Your reactions cannot be so natural and so prompt as in your first lang. I think in Britain people are more tolerant than in Hun. when they hear other people talking in another language. My husband's native lang. is Romanian and he very often talks to Viktor in Hun. when there are Hungarians present. I understand him, but I would prefer him to talk more to him in Romanian, so that he can learn both lang.s correctly. I am often asked why I don't speak to Viktor in English, but I don't want to do that, my English is not even near-native level, so it would be absolutely unnatural.

Ok, linguistic session is over, have a nice day.

And eat a lot of strawberries. They're my favourite fruit, but the season is short here and don't want to eat totally GM food from a "factory".

By
Ildi

Hi Ildi,

I'm glad you're still here! Yes, I've read, you shouldn't speak a language to a child, if you're not competent in it. I'm sure you'll be able to teach him though, like from books, if he's interested in that.
I can't eat strawberries I'm afraid, my body doesn't like it, according to my Naturopath. Along with peanuts and sugar. I don't quite know how to say it, because it isn't an allergy. Feel a lot better though, and so does my daughter (who is still breastfed).

Not much happening here. I've been struggling with the council, who take forever processing my benefit claim (coming up to 4 months now). I have also been looking into University, which I'm hoping to start in October. Distance learning (= levelezö tagozat ???).

Bye, Kati

Hi Kati,

It's good that you have the energy,the motivation and the opportunity to study. By the way, what would you like to learn? Studying is very expensive these days in Hungary, but young mothers are given some concessions, I think. Even if it's distance learning, you have to go to certain sessions with your tutor, the exams take a whole day, you have to go to the library etc. Hard cheese! Good luck with that.
Have a nice weekend.

Ildi

Ildi,

It's expensive here too, I think I will need to get a student loan, if I'm eligible. You don't have to start paying it back until you're earning over a certain amount. I was thinking of a degree in 'Childhood and youth studies' or something like 'International Studies'.
What I would really like to do is train as a Naturopath, but that costs so much I can only dream about it. It is not at the university, but another school. Oh well...

Had a wet, but relaxing weekend. You?

Kati

Hi Kati,

Now I remember, we have the student loan system too, but that's enough for a few things only.
Alternative medicine is also a very interesting field, and very popular, I reckon. Why don't you try a course which is not university level but still it could give you a certain amount of knowledge and insight. Something like iridiology or reflexology which you could use to make a living.
Next week my parents are taking away my son to stay with them for two weeks, then it will be my mother-in-law's turn you know nursery is over for this season and we have to go on working. Until then we are trying to organise a lot of programmes together, but the weather is not on our side. It is all very well during the week but when Friday comes it begins to pour with rain. And that's what's happening right now.

By the way, was it easy to register Lili's name where she was born? I mean Liliom is not a typical English name, is it? In Hungary sometimes authorities are fussy about giving names to babies.

Have a nice weekend.

Ildi

Hello Ildi,

No, we don't have the same system over here. You can choose any name you like. It is a very multi cultural country, with immigrants from all over the world. Imagine if they were told they couldn't give their child an Indian (French/Chinese/etc) name.

I found out, that part-time students are not eligible for student loan, but the university has financial support available, partly from the government. The only thing I don't like, is that the courses run all through the summer.

The weather is still not good here, very cool, and showers. We are so white!(apart from our faces) It's not warm enough to get undressed.

Lili just woke up, bye
Kati

Zsóka,

I just got into this topic, and I saw you had a question about a year agoKép what c/w means.

Well it can mean more things but the one I know is: commencing week (and usually there is the date when that week starts)

good practice for all
Csibe

Kép

Kép

Kép

Job Vacancy

Author unkown

POSITION: Mother, Mum, Mama, Ma

JOB DESCRIPTION: Long term, team players needed, for challenging
permanent work in an often chaotic environment. Candidates must possess excellent communication and organisational skills and be willing to work variable hours, which will include evenings and weekends and frequent 24 hour shifts on call. Some overnight travel required, including trips to primitive camping sites on rainy weekends and endless sports tournaments in far away cities. Travel expenses not reimbursed. Extensive courier duties also required.

RESPONSIBILITIES: The rest of your life. Must be willing to be hated, at least temporarily. Must be willing to bite tongue repeatedly. Also, must possess the physical stamina of a pack mule and be able to go from zero to 60 mph in three seconds flat in case, this time, the screams from the garden are not someone just crying wolf. Must be willing to face stimulating technical challenges, such as small gadget repair, mysteriously sluggish toilets and stuck zippers. Must screen phone calls, maintain calendars and co-ordinate production of multiple homework projects.

Must have ability to plan and organise social gatherings for clients of
all ages and mental outlooks. Must be willing to be indispensable one
minute,! an embarrassment the next. Must handle assembly and product safety testing of a half million cheap, plastic toys, and battery operated devices. Must always hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Must assume final, complete accountability for the quality of the end product. Responsibilities also include floor maintenance and janitorial work throughout the facility.

POSSIBILITY FOR ADVANCEMENT & PROMOTION: Virtually none. Your job is to remain in the same position for years, without complaining, constantly retraining and updating your skills, so that those in your charge can ultimately surpass you

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: None required unfortunately. On-the-job training offered on a continually exhausting basis.

WAGES AND COMPENSATION: Get this! You pay them! Offering frequent raises and bonuses. A balloon payment is due when they turn 18 because of the assumption that further education will help them become financially independent. When you die, you give them whatever is left. The oddest thing about this reverse-salary scheme is that you actually enjoy it and wish you could only do more.

BENEFITS: While no health or dental insurance, no pension, no tuition
reimbursement, no paid holidays and no stock options are offered, this job supplies limitless opportunities for personal growth and free hugs for life if you play your cards right.

Hi,

I'm Hungarian. I'd like to meet somebody who could regularly speak English to my two years old son. I teach him English, but a native would be much better :) (I need practice, too.)

Write me if you feel we could be friends :)

Timi

Kép

Hi,
would anybody chat with me here? I'd like to practice English before a forget all...

Zsóka

Hozzászólás írásához be kell jelentkezned!

Vissza: Errõl - arról

Jegyzetfüzet: