Új privát üzeneted érkezett!

Hello Girls

Ági, the glucose tolerance test, well that's a nice expression, I like it Kép in Hungary, you get a mug filled with lukewarm water, added to it just God knows how many spoonfuls of finely granulated household sugar (porcukor) in it. It's totally disgusting, believe me! You were lucky with the fizzy drink in Canada. I think just for this, it is worth giving birth there!!!!!!
I have seen the new picture of you both, you look lovely, Bence is such a 'shapely' (-formás-) little boy. Really cute!
The fajaserosito is Pitocin - Ági I don't understand this expression, can you pls explain why you wrote that? Or maybe I am too stupid?????????
Sicc ki macska was good, I can imagine your husband chasing your cats and shouting this in the meantime.... Kép so your cats are learning languages too? By the way Ági, what are your plans (if any) re. your animals? Are you planning to bring them to Hungary when you move? I am sure I could not leave my dog behind in a similar case Kép
Ági thanks for offering your support - I think I will write to you! - I know there are topics in this subject but I mostly have time only for coming to this English one. And I wouldn't know those people, also I am not so comfortable about crying out my miseries to complete strangers... Kép
Driving was quite good last night, we went out to the motorway. It was strange for me as I had never driven there before. Usually, the first part of my driving went in an awful way, second part was better. Trouble is, I always get tired by the end of the day when concentration gets harder. I look forward to a daytime driving tomorrow! - I am aiming at achieving a level where I avoid serious mistakes, then I will go for my test. It's only a question of luck after that. I really want to pass on the first occasion!
Have a lovely weekend girls, I will miss you until Monday.
Kati

Hello girls,

Kati, I have managed to check Blanka's photo, she is really beutiful and sweet. Congratulations!!! I guess, later, you will have troubles with the boys.
And yes, you are also right that she deserves everything.

As per my HR position, yes, at the beginning I enjoyed it very much, since I found that there were a lot of things which made employees job easier and help to harmonize the interests. E.g. Career Plan, Appraisal Performance, Compensations and Benefits...etc. These policies aim was to ensure the equal possibilites to the employees, regardless their positions. However, later, I had to realized that it worked a bit differrently, personal relationships and connections was what really matters. So I become rather disappointed. But theoratically I think HR can be good and useful.
May I ask you what is your job, what do you do?
I think the cloud proverb is exactly the way you wrote.

Good luck to your driving test, pls inform us on the process!

Ági, the new picture on Bence is just cute. I understand why you adore him so much.
Wow, you are lucky, that your husband is willing to come back. I know lot of mixed marriages and it is typical that they live in the husband's homeland and they do not even think of the possibility to come home.
What is his job? And yours?
Yes, that is what I meant on being homesick. Somehow in the so called developed countries there are no real relationships, they live isolated from each other.But let's not generalise! However, I am afraid that this process has already started here in Hungary as well.

Thanks for the compliments regarding my English. You are nice, but of course you exaggerate.

Ok, girls, have to go now.
See you around,
bye, Ildi
blinczi

Hello Ildi,
nice to see you here again.
I am actually working for a company that produces packaging material, large Swedish co., and I am in quality assurance dept. I am responsible for mainly hygiene related issues, and food safety.
I agree with what you said about HR. HR people at our place are rather strange anyway, they seem to be in a monopolized state and they are very unaccessible - totally opposite of what you would expect. Whenever I had even the smallest suggestion relating to their area, they got very hurt - it seems they think they know best!! I don't like these people anyway and it was not different at my previous co. either - one of the tobacco making co's. My feelings are more or less the same about marketing people too. They seem so selfish (there are exceptions of course) - people here in production seem much more normal!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your compliments re Blanka - I agree with you!!!! Kép

Ági, I would like to hear something about how you manage to relate to people (of your age) over there. Have you got friends? When we moved to Göd in 96, we knew only one neighbour with 5 kids. They smoked a lot (parents Kép, so we slowly quitted visits. As I stayed at home with Blanka, I got to know people in the streets - just talked with each other as we were walking with our kids. Same happened earlier with our dog. Kids and lovely dogs make people talk to you. At least in my place. So now I know a few people whom I can sort of call "friends". I must go now, but maybe I will again bring up this subject if you are interested?
Take care, I need to rush now, Kati

Hi girls,

It's Saturday morning and I'll be going to the dentist pretty soon to get my crown.
Kati, I sent you an e-mail. I hope you got it!
You asked about my animals and what I'm gonna do with them once we move. Well, they come with us! There's no way that I would get rid of them! They are part of the family. Actually I only have one cat and a dog. (Just because you used plural)
Oh, and about the Pitocin, I gave you the English word because you used the Hungarian one in your story. I thought you didn't know the English term. Sorry!

About friends: I don't have very many here. Actually the word friend and the meaning behind it (at least for me) is a good, close and possibly forever lasting relationship. Well, I can honestly say I only have that at home with my old friends. I know a few people here too but I wouldn't use the word friend. We get together sometimes but really it's not a friendship. I met these people through my husband. I think my problem is that they are nice to my face but they gossip about others to me so it makes me think they do the same about me to others. Also I met some people through work. We got along really well, or at least that's what I thought so, but after I went part time and I'm not in the office all day nobody bothers to give me a call. At the same time I don't brake myself to contact them either. So it's hard. Maybe the problem is in me because I'm too antisocial. Who knows?
The way you met some people Kati on the street, is pretty much impossible here. You can walk around with your kid all day long and maybe see two other people on the street. Nobody walks, everybody drives. They take kids to the mall for a "walk". I only know a few hungarian people. One of those is my Mom's friend who's Mom's age and I met a girl through the Babanet! who also lives here. That's about it. This girl knows a lot of hungarian people but I never met them. I only met her a few times too, we just talk on the phone every once in a while. Actually I can proudly say that she's pregnent now (just found out) and my doctor helped her to get pregnent! She didn't have a doctor here in Canada and I referred her to mine and after trying for a while without any results now, with my doctors help within a month she got pregnant. I'm so happy for her! Kép

Ildi,
My husband has a house buliding business here and that's what we'll try to move over there. As far as I know nobody does exactly this type of construction at home yet. There are similar ones but not the same.
I also work for a home builder in the office but I went part time in September so I'm home with Bence during the day and go into the office after Jason gets home at night. This way he gives dinner to Bence, he baths him and puts him down to sleep every night.
Once we move home I want to get my degree in English teaching and also I'm a photographer by trade so I can do that too. (My Dad is a photographer as well so I could work with him)
All right I have to go now orelse I'll be late from the dentist. See you guys soon!

Agi

Oh, thanks for the compliments re. Bence. Kép

Kép
Kép
agi

Hello girls,
Here it's raining heavily, there is a real shower, but at least the temperatures are not freezing. Yesterday I spent the morning in a local pool with my daughter (she with a swim ring), it's open air, natural hot thermal water, just 10 mins from us. It was so lovely in the water with the warm steam over our heads. Once when I was there it was snowing on top of our heads! Actually, no one else was swimming, lot of elderly people were just soaking their bums there. What went on my nerves though, was two men telling me that it was high time for another baby for me - I nearly drowned them in the water. Sadly, I was not clever enough to tell them something very nice Kép Blanka loved splashing around, and I could do a very little swimming too. I am sorry though that skating time is over, the lakes are not safe any more due to melting of the snow.
It seems I am going for my driving test on 29 Tue.
There is bad news too - about 2 weeks ago I nearly fainted on the train. It was an awful experience. Last week, I asked the co. doctor to measure my blood pressure, it was 90/55!!!!!!!! Touching the lowest acceptable value!!!! My pulse was 92 instead of normal 72 so coffee is not a good idea. There is no cure, says the doc. Kép I am slightly worried, to be honest. But at least I won't be prone to getting a heart attack due to high blood pressure. Kép
Ági I am pleased to hear that your creatures will be able to come over with you. Kép Will it mean they need to stay in caranteen for a certain time? I could not part with animals either.
Ági I doubt that you are antisocial! You are so easy to chat with. Some people are just strange I guess. Even locally, I have got to know some people (mothers with kids), I have met them lots of times and it's impossible to chat with them. They are so reserved, and I don't like this kind of attitude. Of course if you really don't like someone you don't want to talk with them, but this is not the case I guess. It is indeed hard to make GOOD friends. I never really had close friends in my younger years. I met an Indian girl in London, we were living in a hostel, that was back in 1991 or so, and ever since we are in touch, she has been to visit me twice in Hungary, (she has no family yet sadly) - she is perhaps my very best friend. We were always there for each other when either of us needed help, and I think this is what matters. Then I have just one or two others for whom I would be willing to make sacrifices. But I can imagine that people 'in the west' may be somewhat different in this respect. How can they survive? Are they really happy with superficial relationships?... I can understand you don't like gossipy type of people.
Ági sooooo sorry but I still don't know what the word Pitocin means or what it is????? Am I very stupid. SORRY! Can you explain again pls.
I'd better shut up as this will get far too long. Ági I'll send a reply to your email soon.

Nora! Are you still around? Pls come back to us!
Kati

Ági!

Let me wish you a Very Happy Névnap! Kép Kép
Do you celebrate it still? I actually stopped even thinking about my own névnap back in UK as no one bothered about it... and I still can't be bothered too much.
(Once, right after I arrived in UK, I even managed to hurt my own mum, as I did not remember mothers' day - in Uk, that time they had it a month later or so, therefore no one reminded me of it. My mum was really upset. - Anyway do treat yourself to a lovely piece of cake today!!!!!)
K.

Hi Kati,

It seems like it's just the two of us again. Where are you Ildi and Nora?
Kati, thanks for the good wishes for my nameday! I don't celebrate it too much but my family always sends me cards etc. Kép
About the Pitocin: I'm sure that's the name of the drug that they use to make labour faster or contractions stronger (like Oxitocin at home) but the word is always being used in a way that " I got some Pitocin" = "kaptam fajaserositot". I know you didn't ask for us to translate it for you but because you used "fajaserosito" in your English text I thougt you don't know the term so I gave it to you. Anyway I think we deffinetly went around the subject. Kép
You know I always thought only high blood pressure can make life difficult but I never even heard of such low one like yours! Are you sure there's nothing to do about it? Although it's weird that at the same time your pulse was so high. It should be the other way around, shouldn't it?
The pool that you went to with Blanka sounds awsome! I've been thinking about taking Bence for a Moms and Tots swimming class. (I swam for 8 years very seriously. I had 11 practices a week but since I've stopped I don't go to the pool too much. I guess 8 years of it was enough. Kép)
I do have a few good friends at home but the funny thing is that they are all guys. I had one girlfriend in high school but we kind of grew apart over the years. With these guys I can sit down any time and we understand each other so well. We practically grew up together. One of them I went even to kindergarten with. And also his dad was my Mom's doctor when I was born. (Actually all of us from this group were born with his help.) I always felt that girls are too gossipy and I felt better hanging out with guys. Or I guess I just never found a really good girlfriend that I could connect to in all levels..
Anyway I have some pasta cooking upstairs so I have to go now. I'll send you an e-mail too.
Talk to you soon.

Agi

Kép
Kép
agi

Hello Ági
It is a bit sad that everyone seems to be drifting away from this topic - I don't suppose we are that terrible kind of people? Kép
OK I understand the Pitocin now!
Also I understand your view about gossipy girls. In the office room here at work, we are 3 girls and one guy. We girls are about 30+ and this guy is very young, he just left university. So you can imagine! I hope we are not overwhelming him with our great life experiences!!! Kép It's good though that we do get on well. Our boss is a 50+ woman, very clever lady, but in a way she treats us like her kids. Very funny. I think she just can't help behaving this way.
Re swimming, I was at least 22 when I learned the art! I was taking handicapped people to a pool in London, and there I met a Turkish babysitter girl and she gave me the first lessons. I also had a German 'instructor' earlier, but her teaching went in a typical German way which was really useless. Otherwise, I never did any sports in my younger years. Skating I learnt quite recently too.
About the blood pressure thing: pulse is higher as this is how the heart tries to compensate for the lower blood pressure (=less amount of blood) - but I know someone whose pulse is low too (she is still alive Kép - doctor said physical exercise, proper eating, lots of drinking should help. All I can do is eat more fruit - not eating enough fruit is my only shortcoming perhaps, so I can try and improve that. The only problem is that I feel rather tired all the time, which is quite unpleasant. Perhaps when I will use the car, and don't need to get up so early, that will help too.
Anyway I did not want to complain, I just tried to explain how it all comes together for me. Kép
- Do your male friends have any families yet?
Talk to you again,
Kati

HI Kati,

Surprise, surprise! You wrote your letter really early today and I'm going to bed really late so I can send you an answer.
I was in the office till past 11.00 tonight so I just got home not a long time ago.
I didn't have time to respond to you e-mail today but I will tomorrow.
Hm, it's interesting that there's nothing really that you can do (medically) for you blood pressure. I don't eat much fruit either and mine is still high. Kép (Now it's not because I take 2 pills a day for it, and I will have to for the rest of my life. Kép) Actually mine went up to 120/200!! during labour. They were affraid I'll might get a stroke that's why I had to take the epidural because that lowers it.
Don't worry that you only learned how to swim a few years ago. At least you did learn. I'm almost 30 and I can't ride a bike! Kép Or perhaps: Kép I did try but there must be something wrong with my balance because I can not do it. So I gave up.
I actually have 3 good friends at home and only one has a family, he has two sons. One is 4 the other is 1 1/2. The other two guys are still single. Or actually not single, they have girlfriends but they are not married and they don't have kids. It's funny because when I go home and I go out with them at night usually the girlfriends leave and go home early and when it't only the 4 of us that's when the real, good conversation starts. I think they kind of consider me as a guy. They deffinetly don't hold back any conversation that they may would in front of other girls. Kép
Well since it's almost midnight again I'll go to bed. Talk to you tomorrow!

Agi

I don't know what happened to my Babanet? In the last couple of days I can't open the "elmult napon" file. I don't understand why?..

Kép
Kép
agi

Hi girls,

Of cours you are not terrible kind of people. Exactly the other way round.
Sorry for being disappeared, but since I am at the very end of my pregnancy I have a lot of things to do. E.g. buying clothes, toys, furniture for him. I can not really express how much I enjoyed it. And you know these sleepsuits are so little that I can hardly imagine how they will fit. And they are so sweet and cute. Difficult to choose. But I managed to buy almost everything and now I am proud and satisfied. Maybe I also went into exaggeration. I mean, it is obvious that he will not need 2 kind of babybrush, but I was unable to decide, so bought both. So as you see I was busy, and I guess you know the pleasure of buying sg. sweet to your little ones, but, understand, this was my first time. And I also had to go to prenatal care, wher I was told useful things eg. sucling. You must understand that these are new things for me and I want to do everything to my baby's greatest satisfaction.
So much about me. Oh, sorry. I have another question, if you don't mind. The thing is that my baby moves so much in my belly and I wonder whether it means that he will be a very active boy or not. I mean do you think there is any connection between the two things, what is your experience? Do your children moved a lot inside, however, outside he/she proved to be very calm, or vice versa?

As per the friendship topic (sorry to lag behind), I do agree with you. Kati - you are right, that people and human relationships are gettting more and more superficial. ( May be that is the reason why psychiatrist are so popular, especially in the developed countries, I mean people rather tell their problems to him/her, than try to talk to each other and try to solve. Thank God, it is not yet so widespread here. ) Ági - in some ways I support your point of view, in some issue boys are better friends, eg. they are more honest than girls, they are more considerate. However, there are topics, e.g. giving birth, that is far better to discuss with a girlfriend. So in my opinion the ideal case regarding relationships is when you always have somebody to turn to. No matter sex, subject and timing. This is what I call real friendship. Am I right?

As per the blood pressure problem all I can say is the following. My blood count/ pressure, thanks God, is very good, all the doctors are satisfied with it and they also bring me as an example to the other pregnant woman. They state that the reason is nutrition. However, I must confess I do not make much fuss of it. I eat 3 times a day, some müzli (what the English word for it? ) and fruits for breakfast, hot dish for lunch and some bread for dinner. And also I often eat cookies. That is it. I do not say that if you follow this, it will completely change your life, but for me it works. During the pregnancy it is still 120/70. What you say, Kati, that you feel tired, it can be caused by the lack of iron vitamin. Have you checked it? And it is also important to drink a lot, actually I always drink min. 2 liters a day. Oh, yes and if you are not yet fed up with my silly comments, than here comes a proverb:
An apple a day, keeps the doctors away. Perhaps it has some sense.

Happy nameday Ági ! Kati, how is your driving ?

I have read some funny saying, and I share it with you:

" The worst feature of a new baby is its mother's singing.

A perfect example of minority rule is a baby in the house.

Boy, n.: A noise with dirt on it."

Ok, bye for today.
regards,Ildi
blinczi

Hello Ildi and Ági,
Ildi nice to have you back. Can you remind me for what date your baby is scheduled, as I forgot it?
I gather that you were told that your baby would be a boy?
They predicted my daughter pretty successfully. Have you got a name for him already?
My blood pressure has never been high, about 110/?. I do have anaemia nearly all the time. ... My God, are you not yet getting fed up with my health issues??????...Anyway, last year I was taking iron tablets for 6 months. Have you heard that bacteria love feeding on iron? So when you take iron for too long, you are more prone to get all sorts of infections - so they say. (Please any doctors who read this correct me if I said it wrong). I was indeed ill for nearly the full length of winter, plus I was blessed with sinusitis in May. Then I stopped taking the tablets and I doubt if I will again do. Since then, I am eating lots of food containing iron, like chicken liver (I love this in breadcrumbs), prunes, millets and so on. That's all I can do. Still my hemoglobin count is below the lowest acceptable level. ???????? Guess all this purely depends on your body set up. I presume there might be something wrong with the part of my body responsible for using up iron properly? - Otherwise, I have never been keen on apples. Kép
But for a few days I have been eating one each day - see if it helps? Kép
I also eat cereals (muesli)every morning.
Ildi, I honestly don't remember how much my little daughter was moving while she was still inside - perhaps nothing extra. She is kind of average up till now. She has phases of quiet, other times she can't stop running around, jumping about etc. See if your baby will be very active later on? Let us know! Ildi, are you planning to get some books with English stuff in it for the baby? Later it could help you in teaching him the language. I wish someone had encouraged me that time not to give up chatting in English to Blanka! Now it's so much harder...
I'd better go girls, I promise I am not talking about my blood pressure any more Kép Kép
Ági! Don't you feel tired the next day when you have such late nights? Does Jason put the house together in the evenings for you?
Kati

Ági!
My Elmúlt napon does work. Maybe you can check yours again, I don't use it often so I have no brilliant idea. Or ask the Szerkesztõ/Gabi if your problem persists.
K

Hi girls,

I'm glad you are still here Ildi! Are you sure your baby will have lots of hair? Kép I only bought the brush after he was born in case he'll be bold and we don't need it.
I'm not sure what kind of pecifier is the best because we never used one. (I mean Bence never used one Kép) Same with the bottles. He didn't get formula at all and I could never pump enough milk to give it to him from a bottle. (I still nurse him over night and in the morning.) But anyway it's such an exciting time when everything is all ready and set up for the baby. Kép
Bence did move a lot inside me and he's a pretty alert baby. Doesn't nap much during the day (never did) but sleeps ok at night.
Yes, Kati I am tired but the good thing is that Bence started to sleep through the night and he usually gets up between 7.00 and 7.30. So I can still get 7-7.5 hours of sleep. And if I can go to sleep earlier it's even better.
Yes, Jason does the dishes and puts Bence's toys away by the time I get home. So all I need to do is to put my pejamas on and go to bed. (Or check the Babanet before. Kép)
The blood pressure IS greatly depending on the individual people. In my family it runs on my Mom's side. My great grandma had it, my grandma's got it, same as my Mom and I have it too. Diet doesn't make a difference for us.
I forgot to tell you guys that on Saturday when I got my crown for my tooth I almost swalloed it! Kép She had to take it in and out many times because it was too tight so she ground a bit off, tried it again, it was still tight and so on. So after about the 5th time when she took it out again it slipped and rolled down my throat. Luckily I could still close my throat but imagine if I swallow it! Kép ($780! Kép)
Anyway I better go and make some lunch for Bence before he wakes up. Talk to you soon!

Agi

Kép
Kép
agi

Hello Ági
I don't know the exchange rate of Can dollars, but whatever it is, 780 of it must be a good amount!!! Your story is very funny!!!!!!
What did you do that Bence is not using a pacifier? Blanka was about 3 months old when one day I just found her sucking her finger, while sleeping outside in the garden in her pram. That made it for us until now!!!! Then, we replaced the finger for a pacifier, and later quite easily "she threw it away". Now, when she is tired or sleepy, she is inclined to take her finger in her mouth, but usually only at night. The only problem is that her teeth and jaws are slowly deforming (slightly) - her upper teeth are protruding, and are not quite straight! To correct this, my own dentist suggested putting gloves (I use large socks) on her hands at night. She goes to sleep sucking her finger normally, and a little bit later I put the gloves on. So she doesn't go nuts at the procedure and everyone is happy. Sometimes she pulls them off at night, then I just put it back. Dentist said if he stops sucking her finger until the age of 4, her deformed jaws etc are so flexible at this age, that there is a great chance for automatic correction. However, I did suck my finger for a long time when I was small, and absolutely no harm was done to my teeth, I never needed a brace (Ági, igy mondják a fogszabályzót?????) -
Jason is really good doing all that in the house. My husband is making efforts too but this morning I went crazy at 5.30am trying to put on Blanka's boots, as they were all covered with dried mud. He cannot be bothered with something irrelevant like this, although he could have easily cleaned it off after bringing her home yesterday.
Anyway, my driving went quite smoothly last night. My instructor remarked that I am doing really well considering that I get up so early every day (3.15am yesterday) - surely he couldn't go and take driving lessons after such a day. It was really a good feeling to hear this from him, as normally he never said anything to praise me.
Girls, will see and talk to you later!
Kati

Hi Kati,

I didn't do anything with Bence re. the pecifier. He just didn't like it and fortunately he didn't suck his thumb either. What he did for a while though was that he liked to suck on my pinky finger. He used that as a soother but he quit on that too around five months. It was actually funny how much he hated the soother. We put it into his mouth and he spit it out in a way that it flew away. Kép
The canadian dollar and forint conversion is around 180-190=$1 It was up to 200 before and just recently went down a bit.
Yes, fogszabalyzo is brace.
See, I don't know how you can get up so eraly. I'd rather go to bed late and sleep longer in the morning. What time do you go to bed? Before I had Bence I went to bed usually no later than 10.00pm and got up at 6.30, on the weekends even longer. And because I had this routine all the way till he was born I was quite tired when all of a sudden I didn't have my minimum 8 hours of sleep. But I was lucky because right away he pretty much slept through the night. Only the first few days were rough until nursing got established.
How long is your train ride every day? Are you gonna take the car after you have your license? Probably you could shave some travel time off every day couldn't you?
Actually I just remembered a good story of my learning time of driving. I was in the car with my istructor and we got to an intersection where we were entering a main road from a less busy one. I had to turn right but it was rush hour, lots of cars on the roads and we had to sit there for quite a while to have a bit of a break between two vehicles so I can get in. So finally the moment came, I stepped on the gas and started to turn left! Of course this was one of those moments when he had to use his break pedal. Kép Cars around us were also making noise with the breaks because they had to stop so fast. I couldn't beleive myself. What an idiot, waiting there for at least five minutes and finally when I can go I just turn the other direction. I wonder what my instructor thought? Kép He was a really nice guy but a bit of an alcoholic after work. (He never drunk during the day) but honestly I can understand. Probably dealing with people like me all day would make me to become one too. Kép
Actually my husband isn't that thoughtfull either. He does a lot of housework but there are things that just drive me nuts. Like in the morning when he puts sugar in his coffee and spills a little on the counter, he NEVER wipes it up.(Maybe doesn't even notice it..) Or when he does the vacuuming on the weekends I have to tell him every time to pull the couch out and vacuum underneith as well or do the lamp shades too. He would never do it on his own. (Maybe because he doesn't like to vacuum at all? Kép) But at least when I ask him he does help.
Ok I've been too long again. Talk to you soon!

Agi

Kép
Kép
agi

Hello Ági!

I liked your driving story!... What I did last time, was that wherever I went, I kept running up onto the pavement. Either when turning to the left, or to the right!
What I want to do once I have my d/licence, is to use the car for coming to work on days when my husband cannot take Blanka to kindergarten. These days, I take her there at 6 o'clock - using the car would save us a full hour, so it would be enough for us to get up at 6am instead of 5am as we are doing now! My home is nearly 50 km from work, so cost would not be too little, but who cares! It would not be every single day anyway. And it will save me from leaving my daughter at the kindergarten at 6am with drooping eyes - and with toy pussy hanging from her arms...it's actually such a sad view. Originally, what gave me inspiration for entering driving lessons is that when Blanka starts school, I won't be able to put her in at 6am!!
My travel journey takes about 30-40 mins (Hungarian trains!)
Yes I have also thought about poor driving instructors - sitting in the car all day, watching out for silly actions of beginner drivers can't that much of a fun...but surely they are familiar with all the hit songs from the radio! Not like me... My instructor surely does not drink, but he smokes quite a bit (not in the car).
I'd better finish, am going over to the email and write something from there for you too.
Kati

Hi Kati,

Driving on the sidewalk is pretty good too. Good thing there weren't any pedestrians. Kép
Yes it sure will be nice to have your driver's license so you don't have to get up that early.
My work is about 20 km's from work and I'm very lucky to have it this close. Lots of people travel way more than that every day. And that's all inside the city. Calgary is so big that it's over 60 km's from one end to the other. And it's constantly growing. You can't walk anywhere, nothing is in walking distance and public transit is crap. I never used it myself.
Today I was pretty busy during the day and Bence olny naped 1/2 hour. In the afternoon we went to the grocery store and I just got back from work. (It's 10.30 pm again.) So I better go to sleep. Talk to you soon.

Agi

Nora, Ildi, where are you???

Kép
Kép
agi

Hello Ági

I am beginning to remember that once I did know a Calgarian guy, back in London. He was really weird. He was constantly doing things like washing his socks in the sink in the kitchen, using potato powder when making a potato dish - he always made me crazy with these things!
Yes my husband did buy the Billerbeck blanket, it's really lovely and warm, better than the one I bought for myself recently.
Ági I finish here, I'll try to come back here later today!
Kati

Hi Kati,

I don't have much time to write so I won't be long.
I went out Saturday afternoon with some of my friends. (Let's call them that. Kép) We went to a blues bar and watched a few blues bands to play. It was awsome! Especially because it's been forever since I got to go out. Jason stayed home with Bence. I was home by 8.00 pm so it wasn't a night thing but I enjoyed it a lot.
But now I'm pretty tired, even though I only had a couple of beers and I was in bed earlier than usual. I guess I'm getting old. Kép Also all the housework that I usually do on Saturdays didn't get done so I have to do it today.
I don't know if I'll have time to send you an e-mail too? If not I'll send one tomorrow for sure. Talk to you later!

Agi
Agi

Hello Ági

Nice to hear you went out for some fun. I spent 3 hours from 9pm to 11pm on Friday trying to convince my husb. that such a thing might help our worn out marriage. I think it might work? By the way, are you perhaps a blues fan? I have a blues maniac colleague, he copied some blues music some time ago for me. It's an anniversary selection by Alligator (Chicago blues edition) - I am absolutely not familiar with blues groups, sometimes I used to like listening to this type of music. So these ones are quite good. I was just recently thinking of getting some cd's as well. But, if I am into buying a computer, I need to save up!!!!!!!
Drinking,,, well somehow I have become a Muslim I think! I have not touched a drop of alcohol for many many months. I just don't feel like it. I always seem to become sleepy from it, or just get a funny headache. So I stay with my chamomile and rosehip tea. My daughter loves tea with milk (+sugar) - might be one of the few kids in Hungary who are willing to drink it. !!!! Kép Actually Blanka never used to drink a lot. Rather, hardly drank anything even in boiling hot summer weather. Pure orange juice worked when she was small, but would not touch water. That's when I tried tea w. milk, to give her something different, as we don't normally consume sweet drinks like coke, fanta or even Tetra Pak packaged drinks. Only the better qualities, but even that only rarely. Teas and water are fine for me. Oh well, I do drink lots of coffee unfortunately. I managed to stop with that during my pregnancy though - but started again not long ago. At work, we have lots of drinks but I keep to my mineral water (Kékkuti).
I am very curious now to see my photos, I am picking them up today.
I'd better get back to work,
talk to you again Ági
Kati

Hi Kati,

Sorry about this, I just did not have any time yesterday to write. I did send you a short e-mail though? Did you get it?
Well it sure seems like we are the only two left in this topic....
About my Saturday: This was the first time after 2 years that I went out and had a couple of drinks. I don't drink either but I really needed some time out. It's funny though because after about 5 hours I all of a sudden felt that I need to come home. Bence was fine all afternoon Jason said but I still felt that I need to come home. I couldn't enjoy the music, all I could think about is how Bence's doing. So I went to the bathroom (It was too noisy in the bar) and called home. Everything was fine. Kép
Yes, I do like blues. That's why I enjoyed it so much. This bar is more like a club. Little, dark, smokey place with a tiny stage in the front which is only a step higher than the rest of the place. Small little tables and good music. When I lived at home I used to go to all Hobo and Bill conerts. (I mean every time they came to Sopron.Kép)
I actually haven't tried tea with Bence yet. He drinks water during the day and milk or I should say cocoa in the morning and at night. Sometimes I give him a bit of fruit or vegetable juice that I make myself but it's such a hassle to make it (my juicer has about 50 pieces and all the filters and little parts are really hard to clean) so I don't do it every day.
What kind of music do you like Kati? Ok, I'll go over to the e-mail and send you one of that too and after that I have to make lunch. Talk to you soon!

Agi
Agi

Hello Ági, just to say I have been here too, and read your message. You will have heard the good news from my email?
OK I must go to work, I will come back here asap. Sorry for not being able right now to entertain you!!!!! Kép Kép
Kati

OK, it seems I've got a few seconds to write - just had a big lunch so I need a bit of rest Kép
Do you do snowboarding as well? I always thought I would be too scared to try it. Anyway Hungary is not the best place for such activities and I hate travelling hours just for something like this. That's why I never even tried skiing.
Right, my driving test was soooooooo easy! We went out to the motorway (as I had predicted!!) and it all took about 15 mins. It was an easy route and my instructor was really kind to make it easier for me. I have taken 10 more hours than necessary (equals 18000 HUF) so that must have been enough for him - otherwise I had no problems driving anyway. So I think I should have passed anyway. Inspite of this, I started the car without my seatbelt on!!!!!!
Weather is so lovely here - sunshine, beginnings of lovely spring. I did a tiny bit of gardening yesterday.
Music? When I was in Egypt, I grew very fond of (some type of) Egyptian music. I still like it an awful lot. Yes, blues is good, sometimes a little bit of jazz but I don't know jazz music at all, - then, recently I started to like other folk music like the Muzsikás. They play with Márta Sebestyén some astonishing music. I really love them. Loreena McKennitt (esp one cd), Elvis Presley because of his wonderful voice, and let me think... some modern pop music, but I hate techno and anything related to it. Joe Cocker is also one of my favourites, - Gipsy Kings occasionally when I am in the mood, - and early recordings of Chris de Burgh. Well that's what comes into my mind.
My father in my childhood, literally was unable to tolerate ANY Hungarian music - pop music in the first place. So there was no way I could have taken to any Hung. pop music. It's only now that I began to like Edda and a few others.
My father's favourite music is yodel (jódli) and Strauss etc. So he wanted everyone in the family to like that too. He is a bit strange.
What about you Ági????? I must go now, someone is waiting for me.
Talk to you later.
Kati

Hi Kati,

Bence just woke up so I won't be long again.
No, I don't snowboard nor ski. I did go to the Tatra in high school for a ski trip which was fun because we missed a week from school and because it was a big party all the way, but our gim. teacher wasn't too good at teaching us how to ski. Mind you there was only a handfull of people who didn't know how to do it and he didn't have the patience to teach us. I did learn somewhat from other kids but it was a big pain in the butt for me come down the hill. And since I've been here I never bothered to take a course. I won't ask Jason because we'd probalby get divorced by the end of the day. Kép
Do you ski?
Kati, I have to go, he's screaming. If I have time later I'll come back, if not than tomorrow. Bye for now!

Agi
Agi

Hi girls!

I think it is a real great topic! I've never lived abroad, but I really love this languege, and I would like to practise it here, of course if you dont mind it...Kép
What do you think, why are here only 2-3 person? Or is it a normal thing? By the way, I have four lovely kids, two boys, two girls...(photos are in "Verus családja" topic, or on [url=http://www.tar.hu/gyerekeim/index.html" TARGET="_top]http://www.tar.hu/gyerekeim/index.html[/url] site. Well, this site is not professional at all, but better, than nothing, isn't it?)
So sometimes I will come here...I would like to get every possibility to use English.
I hope you really dont mind it! Kép (sorry if I was irresolute, although this quality isn't mine at all basiclyKép )

Bye!

Zalán
Zalán

Hello Zalán
Nice to hear from you, of course this place is for anybody. It is just a bit strange that only a few of us have been around here for a while. At other topics I have also noticed that sometimes many people rush there, esp. at new topics, then it all begins to die down... good thing about this topic is that you can talk about anything - you don't need to switch topics if you suddenly notice yourself talking about wok's for example... Kép
Anyway I am just curious whether you are then Verus OR Zalán? I will check out the photos as soon as I have sent this message off! WOW, 4 kids is lovely - I have one 4 yr old daughter so far. See her under nimaat.
Where did you learn English? Have you got any other opportunities to practice it maybe in your work?
Ági!
It seeems I am not going to have a computer at home just yet. Last Friday I bought a video player as we did not have one, so that has consumed quite a bit of money. I have been doing some video recordings of mainly Blanka with a borrowed video camera, and it has been so bad not being able to play them back for her. I would not buy a video camera myself I guess, as I would not like to use it too often, but it is nice to be able to do some recordings once in a while. When Blanka grows up, it will be great for her.
Saturday we had such a lovely day, I went out and laid in my deck chair for my afternoon siesta. It was so lovely.
Kati

Hello Kati! I'm glad you answered me. You know, I was afraid , I will be the last one in this topicKép That's correct, you wrote about these topics...
So I am Zalán, Verus is my wife. I've learned english for many years...but this fact doesn't mean at all I can speak it perfectly.Kép I think In high schools (and in primary schools tooKép )there is not any real, serious teaching. I don't want hurt anybody, but nowadays a child cannot acquire a foreign languege fully in the school. Anyway, it's a rather difficult question..
I will look at your photos!
At present I am just getting a new task, but unfortunately this isn't any contact with English languegeKép. By the way could you write a bit about your work? As I see, usually you write from your workplace, don't you?
And would you like more children? And What about your English? It is so professional..I am envious Kép..Have you lived abroad? (excuse me, if I asked sg., and the answer is here this page, maybe I didn't read it toughtfully)

I have to go, today I will cook...and I have to prepare the vegetables...KépKép
Zalán

Hi guys,

I'm finally here! My internet didn't work over the weekend so I couldn't write nor read anything. Kép
Zalan!! Welcome!! Kép I hope you'll stay with us longer than all the other people who came and went.
It's pretty late again for me so I just wanted to let you know that I didn't get lost and I'll come tomorrow and bore you with my long endless letters again.

Agi

(Sorry I was so short but I'm tired. Kati, I'll write you an e-mail tomorrow too.)

Kép
Kép
agi

Hello Zalán

Oh so you are the man with the beard in the photographs! Kép You have so many photos at babanet, I enjoyed looking at your kids yesterday. Congratulations! Well, hopefully my daughter will have a sister or brother sometime, but probably only one Kép life is just like that I am not that young any more!
Re. my English, thanks for the compliments, - well I have been working on it for 20 full years by now, from which I did spend 5 full years again abroad (UK) - In a way I was lucky to have the opportunity, but still, I must admit I truly admire people who are capable of communicating in a foreign language without ever having spent (much) time in the related country. It can't be easy. It is very different to be able to pick up the knowledge when everyone around you speaks English let's say.
But right now I am not really using my English at work either, which is quite terrible in my opinion. Partly that's why I insist on this topic!... Kép
By the way, I wanted to say that I am surprised to see 'so many' men at this site. It's great anyway, but when I joined babanet, I never thought to meet any males.... Kép
What I would be interested in, what other opportunity have you got to practice your English? Have you any friends to talk to them in English, do you watch tv programmes, this is what I mean.
Well and probably I also do make mistakes in my English!!!!!!!!!! I just never read my writing through again. Yes I must use the computer at work, so I am always in a hurry Kép but at least the time others spend smoking and taking their coffees, is spent usefully (I hope). I was hoping to get a computer for home, plus internet, but it won't be this year. We don't have a line phone, and UPC is not in a hurry to introduce chello in the little town where I live Kép Otherwise, it is not worth to buy a computer for home, as whatever I want to use it for, it is always available at work (but I must get one by the time I go back on gyes! Kép Kép
Anyway Zalán I am glad to have met you, pls keep in touch, and say hi to your wife as well for me pls - does she speak English as well?
So, talk to you later, (and I will try to find out where my friend Ági has disappeared)
Kati

Ági!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just about to send you an email, and after I have posted the above message, I was lucky that I wanted to check it through - that's when I suddenly saw you have been here as well!!!!!!!!!
I look fwd to hearing sg from you!!!!!!!!!!!
(and of course I am not going to loook for you now!!!!!)
(It's amazing, this topic is still one of the busiest - see the number of messages posted)
Kati

Hello,

Finally I'm here. My internet wasn't working properly in the last few days. It seemed like it's back and the next day it was down again.
So. Zalan, where are you? Did you disappear too? I hope not! Tell us about yourself a bit. What do you work? I went to see your pictures and I have to agree with Kati that your kids are beautiful! Isn't it tiring to have 4 kids? I only have one and I feel like I'm always tired. Do you cook quite often? I love to cook myself, but unfortunately I don't have too much time. My child doesn't let me to stand in the kitchen for hours. So we usually eat dishes that can be prepared quickly and I just have to stick them in the oven and and hour later we can eat. Kép Kép
Kati, did you get results with your last set of pictures? You said you'll complain about the shitty quality. Are you gonna send me some? Kép
I have to go to make lunch for Bence. I hope my internet will work from now on! See you soon!

Agi
Agi

Hello everybody,
Ági, re. the photos, eventually I did not get an extra set - the girl there (ex-Práter street student too) was making efforts to convince me that winter snow creates a different lighting for the camera Kép anyway I was standing there for quite a long time! We agreed that I cannot get a NatGeo quality in a commercial lab. I am feeling rather lost regarding getting photos developed properly in this country.
There is a place where one photo cost about 100 HUF, incl negatives, they claim that they check each photo manually "not like in other labs" so that's why they ask for the price. I don't believe this happens this way anyway. I have also experienced other strange things from them - trying to convince me that I need an ISO400 film, when I guess they only want to get rid of their stocks at the end of winter - when normal human beings would probably not buy ISO 400 for their summer holidays.
I am getting more and more confused re. films anyway. Kodak Supra which I used, is for pro's, said my girl, they usually use it for indoor portrait photography. Same with K/Portra.
I have no idea where I will take my next rolls now.
By the way, today my husband is going to pick up my d/licence at the post office, last night I got home too late so I only found a notification that it had arrived.
Once I am brave enough to drive to work by car, I will grab my huge album of photos and get my colleague scan in a few pics. I am tooooooo lazy to carry it by hand all the way from home, nor do I want to remove the pics. It would be too tiring to put them back again in the right order.
So pls bear with me just for a week or two, will you? Then, as the scanner produces a really good quality, you can give me your opinion about the photos - ! Actually they could be worse, but they are just not what I imagined they should be.
I must go now, today is a busy day for me, am. in the lab, pm I am going out to visit someone (business outing)
Kati

Hi Kati,

Well it's just us again. Although I REALLY wanted to know how Nora's trip went? Kép
Anyway, I'm writing from work because the net is down at home again. I'm getting pretty tired of it.
I don't have much time here, I just wanted to send you a note that I'm not lost just "separated" from the world. Kép
I'll try again when I go home but no guarantees.
Talk to you later!

Agi
Agi

Hello Ági
I am in fact getting used to the fact that this topic is only for the 2 of us. So I am not going to mourn about it any more.
OK from now on I am also not going to worry if you disappear. However I am happier when you write, that's for sure, and now I can also clearly see that you are just as keen on sustaining this topic (and contact with me Kép ) as myself. So, don't worry if you can't write due to lost internet, I will wait for you.
Yes I also would have liked to know how Nora spent her time in US. Hope she comes back one day. Kép
I had my first official drive yesterday, I got my d/licence card at last!
Sunday if it is not raining, we plan to go to Visegrád to see the castle. Maybe we go even if it is raining, because I really want to go driving!!!!!!!!!
Did I mention it to you that I will leave scanning in my latest photos until I come to work by car, as I hate carrying huge photo albums by hand. So I ask for a little bit more patience from you Kép
Last night we went out to a confectionary shop (in Dunakeszi) for some cakes to celebrate my success - Blanka really enjoyed it, especially that we never go out anywhere to eat! After she had her cakes, she made herself comfortable and said: "I just want to sit here and rest for a while" Kép She was so funny!
Ági I hope you have a nice weekend, see you here next week.
Kati

Hello Evereybody!

Please do not bury me! I am here, but my Internet was out of order.
Kati! Thanks for your words..and congratulation for your driving licence! My wife got it in december, last year, so I know, how great is that feeling!

I think so you are really lucky, then you could practise your english in UK. When I was student, my parents hadn’t got enough money to finance something similar action. After I ’ve found a family, well…I had to do many other things to keep my family on a normal level, if you know what I mean. In the high school I was the best in our class, and my final exam was excellent, but till now I couldn’t get any benefits of this thing.
Men on babanet…really, it maybe a little bit strange. A few years ago I made a translation (Robert Myles: Manual of Maternity, or sg like this), and since that work I understand a lot of thing, which isn't necessary at all Kép. I liked that work. My English is not enough good, but my Hungarian is really excellent.Kép Maybe it seems only a joke, but believe me, there are so many-many people in this country, who cannot speak correctly at all! This fact make me very angry, because the situation is same with the tv, and radio, and newspapers. (Sorry, Babanet is not an exceptionKép.Sometimes I detect very serious mistakes.) In fact I came to like this theme (maternity) . I had learned a plenty of new words. Later I would like to make any way to pick up knowledge in a foreign country, it is definitely necessary! (A few weeks ago one of my friend wanted to invite an english girl sárkányrepülõzni, and told her: Come with me, I will take you with dragonfly! Poor guy didn’t understand, why the girl looked at him strange.)
But of course my wife was the first, who began to visit this site, then she „infected” me..but I don’t mind it. By the way, She learns English nowadays, She speaks italian very well, but she doesn’ like it too much…that’s a pity, italian is beautiful languege to my oppinion. I used to learn chinese too, but it was very hard, and my teachers left this country, so I couldn’t take it up. Anyway, it was really funny! But now I began to learn russian again, I mean I am just trying…
I’ve some trouble here with local Internet- and telephone company (MTT). We moved here to Örkény from Budapest a few months ago, and there are so many strange thing in this place. Practically all of the people are so slowly, and opportunists like sheeps. Everybody accept unlowful things, and think that is the correct way.—eh, anyway, I don’t care..It is a village not the capital.
I am surprised you haven’t got any possibility to use Internet from home. You wrote that’s a little town, so you haven’t got a line phone over there. Chello isn’t introduced, but what about Matáv?

Hello Ági!
I would like to stay here as long as I can. I hope, I will be able to do it. I enjoy
the connection with you!

I am not a lucky guy, today is Friday again, as last time I wrote, so I have to wait for long days for new writings! KépAbout cooking …next time, one of my favourite themeKép
Bye bye!
Zalán
Zalán

Hello everybody Kép
I am here again (after so long....). Sometimes I felt that your English is too much for me, for my knowledge... Kép

Nowadays I have spent my evenings looking advertisements on the web. We woulsd like to go to Alaska for a year or so, and now I look a job for me. Something like babysitting would be perfect. Actually, that woould be the most perfect if my kids would be able to be with me while I work.

Tonight I was in theatre. It was so good....... Kép The title of the play is "Sister-in-laws". It was very funny play, with some very great actress (Kútvölgyi Erzsébet, Szegedi Erika, Venczel Vera etc).

So, if you don't mind, I would joint to you again Kép.
the bests
Zsóka

Zsóka

Hello everyone,

It's nice to see that there's more than just the two of us. (Kati and I)

Zsoka,
Are you kidding? Of course we don't mind if you join us again! So tell us about more of these plans. Are your husband gonna have a new contract in Alaska and this time it will be longer so you'll come with him? Where are you gonna be in Alaska? I've only been there once, in Skagway. It's right after the border, close to Whitehorse, Yukon. We were visiting friends in Whitehorse and they had a boat in Skagway and they always spent the weekends there so we went with them. It's beautiful! Although we were there in the summer time. I'm not sure if the winter is so much fun. It's cold and dark all the time. But I'm sure just to see the Northern Light it's well worth it. It could be ok for a short period of time (like you will be) but to live there all the time? .... I'm not sure about that.
When would you be coming? Are you gonna aplly for a green card too or you're just trying to make a little bit of money on the side?

Zalan,

I'm glad you didn't disappear. My internet was down off and on pretty much all week too.
Yes, tell us about your cooking. I'll be interested because I like to cook myself.
I have to agree with Kati that your English is very good considering you only learnd it from books. I have to admit I couldn't do that. I was ok in high school (not the best in the class by any means!) and when I came here for the first time I realized I don't know anything. So all my knowledge was picked up by using it and speaking it. Mainly because my husband doesn't speak Hungarian so I had to improve my English to be able to communicate. Kép
This translation job you were talking about, is that a book? A book that you can buy in the store and you translated it? Wow! What do you do for a living?

Kati,
I hope your car is fixed and you could drive a bit over the weekend. Good thing it didn't die on you on the way to work one morning! Kép

Well, I need to go now I hope everyone stays around have a nice weekend everyone!

Agi

Kép
Kép
agi

Oh, Zalan, I forgot to say that the "dragon fly story" was hilarious! Kép Kép Kép
Agi
Agi

Dear Ági,
About our plans:
We would like to live there for half-one yr, just because the kids would learn Endlish and I would make my English better. I don't know, when, it depends on our money, but probably minimum one yr, maybe two yrs later. Abel is 4 yo now, so I think he will be in perfect age to learn English "naturally" one-two yrs later.

We would like to live in the wilderness. Five yrs ago we spent one mo in a very small village, next to Dalton Hwy, in North. The name of the village is Wiseman, we made a film there. This is a very small goldminer village. Only 20 people live there, and from these 20 five or six are children, and 14 or 15 people are relatives. And, the grandmother of this family is a half-Hungarian woman- -her fahter was Hungarian. So she loved us and cooked töltött káposzta (filled cabbage?? Kép) for us. So our first goal is this village. Or sometzhing very small village, like this. Maybe Anchorage or Fairbanks, although they are "big towns", but we have so many friend both of these towns. (Actually, I would like to be in Achorage. There are too many bears in Wiseman...)

I have never been able to live (hm, remélem jól írtam...) in the U.S. I don't love it, don't love its culture (actually, I think, it has no culture at all...). But I love Alaska, and its people. They are more friendlier then the people in other American states. (bocs a magyarért: talán a zord éghajlat, a viszonylag rossz körülmények, az egymásrautaltság...) They are compares to Hungarians more than to the other American people. We have been in Alaska twice, in 1997 and in 2000. So maybe we'll go there in 2003... Kép

We wont have green card just try to get some little money to ,ake our life better there - I think, we wont have too much money from home... Kép

Ági, when will you come home a little bit? To visit your parents and other relatives? When were you in Hunagry at last?

that's all for now,
later
Zsóka

Zsóka

Hi Zsoka,

I'm glad you are REALLY back with us! Kép
So if you'll come in the next couple of years and want to stay for a year, that means Abel will start school here? Or he won't go to school and start it later (I mean older than usual) at home?
I'm sure people are totally different in Alaska than anywhere else in the world. Have you seen the movie: Mistery Alaska? Russel Crowe is the main caracter in it and it's about a hockey team from Alaska. Pretty good.
It's pretty interesting that even in the middle of nowhere you can find hungarian people. Kép So how come she stayed there in that little village for all of her life? Does she still speak any Hungarian? (Toltott kaposzta is cabbage rolls) If you guys decide to make a trip to Canada (even though Calgary is not too close) make sure you let me know and come visit me. Kép I'm serious! Will you take your computer and stay connected to the world through the web?

I will come home in July. I'll leave Calgary July 30th and come back October 7th. Jason probably won't be able to come so it'll be just Bence and me. My sister comes at the beginning od July and we'll go back together so I won't have to do the trip with Bence all alone. (I will on the way back but by than I'll know what to expect. Kép) And the airline ticket prices are absolutely ridiculous! Last year I flew home for $1060 with Bence and this time I'll pay almost $2300! And he's still under 2 so I'm not buying a ticket for him. (only 10% of the full fare).
I always spend all my time in Sopron because that's where all my family and friends are. My Mom's sister is the one who lives in Eger.
Well, I have a bunch of work to do that I brought home for the weekend so I'm gonna get started on that. See you later!

Agi
Agi

Hi everybody!

It was nice to see your remarks. First sorry about my text, I wrote it in words, that's why it is so uglyKép
Ági!
Thanks what you've written about my englishKép (There is no doubt: probably you are too polite) Cooking: Few years ago I made a dough-frier(is it correct? I wanted to write "lángossütõ") with my brother-in -law in Szentendre. It wasn't a huge bussiness...but we had a lot of time to talk to each other. So He is an excellent chef, and I got a great knowledge from him. Later these things became very useful...We usually eat vegetables, cheese, mushroom, sometimes turkey or chicken.I like "fözelék" too (from potatoes,beans, or peas, savoy). But nowadays I haven't got enough time to cook...that's a pity.
I am in a big task, trying to make a little shop in the capital, and it is so complicated here.Very difficult to make money with respect all of the rules, but it is very important to us. You know I am fed up with the silly, rude superiors.
By the way the book I told was a special work. A leader-midwife asked me to make it her, and I really enjoyed it!
Actually Sopron is our favourite town! We were there on wedding-trip, that's why Sopron is especially place for us. And I have a very good girl-friend, who is actress in the National Theatre Sopron, for 6 years! "Word is a little place" ,whether does this phrase exhausts in english languege area?

Bests for everybody!

Zalán
Zalán

Hi Ági,
Our trip means that Ábel will learn ther, but not the usual way. You know the American children far from weverything learn at home and their parents teach them. There is a little school in Wiseman, with a teacher. So he will be able to learn there. But I think the most important thing is learn English. In addition in a beautiful enviroment - I wish I can attach a photo here about W.
My husband want Ábel to study at home - so whether we are at home or in Alaska, Ábel eonmt go to school. But these are plans only - everything depends on Ábel.
I haven't seen this film yet. But I watched so many film about Alaska, and it was so good to see its country and people again (whether the film was made in British Columbia Kép).
This old (or not so old) lady went to Alaska with his husband about 30 yrs ago. He is hunter and fisherman. She loves Alaska, loves Wiseman. She understands some Hungarian words, but not too many. Shehave never learn Hungarian... Kép Just herad some words. We made an interview with her in the film. There is a community house in the village where some computer are, so I hope when we will be there I can visit the web.
Or, maybe we will spend this time in Anchorage, where we have many friends so I will have opportunity to surfing on the web Kép.

The price you mentioned is horrible!!!!! Kép When we were at last in the US, we have very cheap tickets, the tickets for three of us costed about 800 dollars (round trip). (But Zoli has 25 % ticket, Ábel has 10 % ticket - he was under two - and I had free ticket from Zoli's airmiles.) Do you have airmiles card?One transatlantic flight means that you get a free ticket within US. (We have Delta Airmiles). But I am sure that you know that.

OK, I wrote more than enough Kép
later
Zsóka

Zsóka

Hi Zalan,

I'm glad you are here with us!
I won't be long this time, I'm just wondering who is your friend at the theatre of Sopron? Since it's not a huge city I'll might know her. I also have a very good buddy who's an actor there. But he's originally from Sopron as well.
I love my town and I can't wait to be back there. That is my home and always will be.
I have to go now because I'm in the middle of cleaning, I was just dusting the desk and figured I'll check for new messages and there was yours and I had to answer. :-) Talk to you later!

Agi
Agi

Hi Zsoka,

It seems like we wrote at the same time because when I sent my last message yours wasn't here yet.
Why do you guys want Abel to study at home? And for how long would you want this? All the way through high school?
I do have air miles cards. I have one through Lufthansa and an other through Air Canada but I don't have enough points to fly for free on neither one of them.
Yes, it would be nice if you could stay connected to us even from there through the net.
I have to go now again because we have some friends over but my addiction to the babanet made me come here to check the messages. Kép
Later!

Agi
Agi

Hi Girls and Zalán!
WOW, so many messages! Nice to have you all around.

Zsóka, I am also interested to know why you think it would be better for your son to do his schooling from home? In a way yes I can imagine it could be better - but we all have lovely memories from our school year! Would he not miss out on that? Also, if he goes back to school community later, would it be not more difficult for him to fit in?... of course you probably have pondered on all these questions already! You also need a strong will and determination, I guess, to provide a really regular and steady education to your kid at home. Well I will look forward to hear more about you and how it goes for you? Uhh, Alaska would be far too cold for me! Sure it is lovely though!
Zsóka! Are any of your films available on video? Have you ever met a real big bear? Kép

Zalán, I went to UK with 3 pieces of luggage and no money. I worked at a printing press, later with mentally handicapped young adults. So, nothing like attending a pricey language school or such! This is a long story anyway... - What kind of a shop are you going to have?

Ági, I hope we can meet when you are visiting Hungary this year. Hopefully my driving skills will be good by that time, so I will be able to drive up to Sopron. I wonder if the journey can be done in one day from my place?
I am getting into driving, I drove to work this morning! It is an about 50 km journey so I have already congratulated myself, as this was my 3rd day of driving "officially". And, I learned to drive on a Peaugeot 206, and now I am driving a Trabi. Huge difference of driving style. I will only need to get home safely this afternoon Kép My daughter will have a small carnival celebration at kindergarten, so I am going there. Her group is called Motley Butterfly, so all the kids are dressing up as butterflies. It should be fun.
One more word before I sign off: I have my photos here with me at work at last, it is only a question of asking my colleague to scan in a few of them. Then, I will let you see them. Sorry it takes ages!
Take care,
Kati

Dear everybody,
I have to do some typing now - I'm my husband assistant - so I will annswer for you tomorrow if you don't mind. Sorry KépKép
later
Zsóka

Zsóka

Hello Everyone!
I have just placed new photos under Ismerjük meg egymást (Nimaat - Katalin és Blanka)! Zsóka I think you will like them as some were taken in nice cold, snowy weather - will remind you of your Alaska?... Oh dear, I am just thinking, maybe I have a totally wrong picture of Alaska! Zsóka! Is there snow in that place all the time at all, or it is only me who thinks so. Have you got any pictures that you could perhaps show us? I had a friend who used to live int he Hebrides (northern Scotland), she used to send me pictures of their island. No need to say they were gorgeous.
Talk to you later girls.
Katalin

Hi!

Kati I didn't want hurt your feelings. When I was student there were a lot of friends of me, who could get out into a foreign country to learn the languege.I just wanted to say I couldn't. Anyway,it must be very hard to do that thing, and I admit that absolutely.So- once more - I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.
By the way, I would like to make a second-hand shop, where parents could buy clothes for their children in a baby-friendly environment.(I want a neat, light shop, with friendly prices, and good quality clothes)

Ági, my girl friends name is Urbán Andrea in the theatre. May your friend know her?

I have to go, later I will come back...

Bye
Zalán
Zalán

Dear Ági,
About learning at home - my husband wants that. Actually, I don't know what I want. But Zoli says it depends on Ábel, so if it seems he want to go to school, he will. But you know, how many (lots of) children are in Hungary who learn at home? e.g. Liesel's children (or, she wants them to learnt at home - I forget how old are her kids...) And, if Ábel will learn at home, it will be in the first-second class only. Perhaps till he get 9-10 yo.
I don't know, can I dare to travel alone on a plane... I fear fly (like to bring a baby to life Kép). Some of my travel on a plane was terrible - there were big storms...

Dear Nimaat,
Maybe I answered for your question about school before... I think, these questions wouldn't be so often in the US e.g. There are lots of children there who study at home. This is very uniqe here, in Hungary yet, but I think, it will change.
Alaska is not cold. Only in wintertime Kép. I was in AK in Aug-Sept.Oct-Nov, and in Feb. In Aug. I was in South-Alaska, in Bristol Bay, in a small fisher village. It was so warm that we wear T-shirt. At the end of Aug. I was the below the Arctic Circle, it was snowing there of course. The coldest weather I experienced was -10 C. But it was warm - and it was in Oct. The coldest month is January, the - 40 C is not rare.
Some of my husband's film are avaliable on VHS, by Televideo. And his films use to be in M1 or M2. I use to write the dates in the Üzenõfüzet topic. Kép
I saw three bears very close. And the fourth was walking around our loghouse and ate our rabbit Kép. My husband has lots of experience withbears. I don't know, "my" bears were real big or not, they were about same size like the grizzly bears in the Budapest ZOO .
Photos: I have lots of photos, but I should scan them to show you. I will do it, I promise Kép.

Dear Zalán,
this kind of second-hand shop is very good idea! Is this a long-term plan or you will do it soon? I use to buy the kids clothing in second-hand-shops only, so I am interested in. Kép

later,
Zsóka

Zsóka

Hello all,

Zalan, I don't know your friend (mind you I've been out of the everyday living of Sopron for almost 6 years) but I'll ask my friend. Also probably my parents know who she is is because they go to the theatre a lot.
I think a used clothes store for kids is a very good idea! Here in Calgary there's a good one that I go to a lot, it's called Once Upon a Child. They only take the clothes if they are completely clean and are in a very good condition. I just bought 3 pairs of overall pants for Bence for $45.00 They were Osh-Kosh and if I buy it brand new 1 pair would've costed me that much. And they don't look used at all! So I'm sure it will be a successful business!

Zsoka, And why does your husband want Abel to start school from home? I'm just wondering what are the reasons?

Kati, I'll go check out the pictures you put up here (although I'm sure I've seen them already. Kép)

Anyway, it's past 11.00 pm so I'll go to bed now. See you all later!

Agi
Agi

Vissza: Errõl - arról

Jegyzetfüzet: